Sunday 7 April 2013

A Cause for Children

     After choosing topics that we felt passionately about, we were separated into groups based on the one that we felt the closes to. I am part of a group of four who chose child and youth services as our first area of concern. We got to chat and it turns out we all care very much about children and their well being. For me, I have some very fond memories of my childhood. It is the only time where you can: be a dinosaur, run around in the mud, get food all over your face, and wear extremely mismatched clothes without getting a raised eyebrow. And while I must admit it is pretty fun to run around like a T-Rex, it's not quite the same as when you were five. Unfortunately, not everyone has the chance at a happy childhood. Whatever the reason, be it divorce or living situations or financial problems, people face hardships which are sometimes to horrible to imagine. I believe that every child deserves a safe home, and that is what I would like to contribute towards with the money we receive in this program. Fortunately my group feels the same! Our next challenge is to find the organizations we deem worthy of our time and our funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment